Queenstown

Queenstown

Monday, July 12, 2010

What I Love About The Journey

I can't believe how far it is into July already. This is good and bad. I am super excited for some upcoming events this fall, however I am a little hesitant to rush into them. It is certainly tempting to want to press fast forward and just be where I want to be. But in doing that, I miss out on the journey.

So, to prevent my excitement from ruining my summer I have complied a list of things that I love about the "here and now."

1. Cicadas: I love the noise they make, it is actually quite soothing.

2. Copeland's Pig Farm: Whenever I drive past I roll down the windows. I secretly LOVE the smell, even though I realize that most everyone else is disgusted by it.

3. Singer/Biker Man: Every year during a tour along the canal I will occasionally run across this guy. He rides his bike along the canal at top speed with his earphones in. The Catch, he sings at the top of his lungs. I've heard everything from Kelly Clarkson hits to various rock songs... the over all theme to his music is vindication, and he's my favorite summer person.

4. Birthdays!: Stacee has a Birthday, Nicole has a birthday, and I have a Birthday! Plus Alyson has a summer birthday too. I've always been jealous of people who have birthdays during school, because they get to see their friends, but I am more excited this year. I've been making birthday gifts this year and it's fun stuff.

5. Cousins: I live walking distance from them... and their WONDERFUL trampoline.

6. Grandma and Boo Boo: I love going to my grandparents house, this is something I definitely couldn't do at school.

7. Segways: Need I say more?... yes... I get paid for it.

8. My Pups: Xena and Leo are the best doggies in the whole world. I really love them.

9. Potential: Being away from school gives me the opportunity to make a difference in my life. I have time away from everyone and I can spend it on self improvement.

10. Regis and Kelly: Yep. I don't get to watch them at school... they are too funny.

11. Being Single: More specifically I love realizing the possibility that there is someone out there for me. I like to imagine that God has been planning this for a long time. I know that I am going through experiences that will make me a perfect fit for him and likewise, he is going through things that will make him exactly what I need. In a fairy tale sort of way, when I see awesome things that I love about summer, I think about whoever he is and how I can't wait to someday share these things with him. So, for me, being single is not depressing; it is exciting and hopeful. :) I know that in either lifestyle (single or taken) I can be happy through God and the plans he has for my life.

There are all sorts of things I love about this summer, but I really ought to stop typing and start enjoying them.

Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. On #9- I have found the beauty in this recently. As much as I tend to hate "alone time" it has given me some amazing perspective on who I am and more importantly, who I want to be. I'm so glad you have discovered this, too. Gosh- I miss seeing you. Enjoy every bit of goodness the summer has to bring.

    ReplyDelete