Queenstown

Queenstown

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ouch, My Muscles.

My body is aching in a way that I haven't felt since I was in high school swimming. The biggest surprise is how sore my core is. I'm not any kind of body builder but I have a pretty good center. I work on it all the time, so to have it ache with every movement is just odd.

Why am I so freaking sore? I spent yesterday and the day before hiking, and it was so worth it. I love the outdoors and something magical happens to me when I am surrounded by God's creation in that way. Yesterday, in particular, was perfect! My family and I went to Clifty Falls State Park for some activity and time to spend all together. We climbed up and down through dense woods then had to hop from rock to rock through a clear water creek. The temperature was warm and the sun was out so my sister, Andrea, and I took off our shirts and just wore our bathing suit tops.



This was the first time in years that I've gone around in public with just a bathing suit top and shorts on. I guess it means that my confidence is going up, because I didn't feel self conscious about it at all. It's really just encouraging to me... Last summer, I wouldn't have even dreamed of showing off my tummy to the sun. This summer, I am thirty pounds lighter and I feel beautiful. To be healthy, from a medical standpoint, I am still looking to lose another ten. But know that I am proud of how much I've accomplished, truly by the grace of God. I guess this is my encouragement to anyone who feels frustrated with weight loss.

It's hard, yes. But it's worth it. And, even if you have a long long way to go... you can do it!

After returning from Madison, Indiana, Mom and I went to Kohls and Target. I was able to get a brand new pair of running shoes! This makes me want to go for a run right now, however... my poor muscles... they may not be able to handle it. I guess we'll have to see.

I work this afternoon with Lauren Grelle.

It's going to be a beautiful day. I am happy and confident in who I am.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment