Queenstown

Queenstown

Friday, July 16, 2010

Last One For 10 Days

Well, this is it guys.

In a few short hours, I will be boarding a plane to go to Dallas. I can't believe it's already here! The nice thing is that I don't work today, so I can just chill out, maybe go for a walk, and then grab a shower before I head out the door.

My Bag:



My Dad is driving me to the airport, which is awesome because we'll have some one-on-one time before I leave. I usually enjoy spending this kind of time with him, because we end up discussing interesting topics like politics and some of his high school girlfriends.

Right now my little sister, Andrea, and my mom are en route to Harding for honors symposium. A program I was ignorant of at Andrea's age. Am I jealous: yeah, a little. I wish I could have been able to do it when I was her age. Especially because it seems like all the honors symposium kids have this special secret bond. I can only imagine the sort of secret things they get to do: play volley ball, go roller skating, go undercover as secret agents... you know, norma stuff. But, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and be happy for all of the neato things I love about harding.

I guess I shouldn't feel bad, At the end of August I'll be down in Searcy for a brief visit before I go abroad and at that point, all of my friends will be in town. But really... I would love to be in Searcy for a day. If I had that opportunity, I would go to Midnight Oil, and Froyo and goodwill... and of course: Walmart! (There's no Walmart like the Searcy Walmart). It's pretty bad that I'm nostalgic for school and I won't be able to go back to Harding for classes until January, but I suppose Australia will distract me.

On to another topic. As most of you know, I've been working hard since last summer to shed a few pounds, and thus far I've been very successful. It's nice to know your own accomplishments, but its even more awesome to have someone else... And by someone else I mean the really attractive, tall, dark, handsome, guitar playing, lead singing, guy from high school who NEVER noticed you before.

Story: Last night Mom, Andrea, and I remembered that we needed to pick up a few things before we left for our respective adventures. I was wearing my ChiO's Pledge Tshirt and black spandex shorts. I have never ever worn spandex in public... (unless you count my 5 year old wardrobe), but since I've lost a good amount of weight I thought, "Why not? I look pretty good in em', Who am I gonna see at the grocery store anyway?"

While at the store I wondered off on my own to find a nice sized water bottle. (clearance for 4.49!) On my way back to find my mom, I crossed paths with one of the guys I always wished I could date in High School... but back then he was too cool. We acknowledged each other, and then he checked me out. HA! Now, who's too cool?

Spandex+Angela=Good Combination

Peace and Love... See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment