Queenstown

Queenstown

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Okay, Now I'm Excited.

As all of my friends are beginning to move back to school, I'm just beginning to think about packing for Australia. Its becoming more and more real. Yesterday my mom picked me up a couple of things from Eddie Bauer.




The clock thing is really very ingenious. You set the time and then there's a dial on the end that has every time zone on it! You only have to set it once then just crank the dial. Also... its a flashlight. woah.

The bag just looks cool. Mom said it was on sale.

Also, I want to take this opportunity to tell everyone who reads my blog that I am going to try to refrain from posting a bunch of pictures to facebook while I'm over there. I know that occasionally I will add some for extended family but, The majority of pictures will be posted here first! And, they will have stories to go with them. I say this because I want to encourage you to read my blog while I'm over in the southern hemisphere. This blog is really going to turn into a "travel blog" for the next few months. I really hope I sound sort of like Anthony Bourdain, minus all of his snobby tendencies.



I know in recent posts I mentioned that I was not excited for my semester abroad and wanted to go to school... but with encouragement and I suppose a change of heart I feel much MUCH more excited. I am super ready to get on that airplane and head out of the country! wooh. I'm sure I will miss everyone, as I already do right now, but I am coming to harding for a visit the last weekend of August and probably right after I get back to the U.S. This should be sufficient.

In other news. I ate food that, I guess, my body wasn't happy with... and the scales were mad at me today. CURSE YOU CALORIES!!!

Someone give me motivation to get up and exercise.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment