Queenstown

Queenstown

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Asia Here I Come

Okay, I am going to write this as fast as I can, because I have a limited amount of internet available to me.

Currently I am sitting in an apartment along the Gold Coast. Our group is only staying her one night before we wake up to fly to Kuala Lumpur. We just got back from a week long cruise on the “Pacific Dawn.’

I have decided I don’t like cruises all that much. It was fine, but I think it was really meant for old people who like to drink, not for Christian college students. Apparently, when some of the people from our group tried to order virgin drinks the bar tenders refused them. Jerks. Some of the big activities on the boat were bingo, and art auctioning. It seemed fun in theory, and there were a lot of fun activities on board but it still wasn’t my cup of tea.

One of the good things about the cruise was the fun dancing from 11:15 pm onward. I went twice and it was a complete blast. You really can’t beat watching Ellis, Taylor, and Marcus getting footloose.

Most nights we ate at the ship restaurant. The boys made a habit of trying to order as many courses a possible. It seemed like the length of our dinner grew each night. I think Barrett ordered eight or nine courses once.

My favorite part of our cruise was the Great Barrier Reef. We took a boat out to Knuckle Reef, (which is part of the Great Barrier Reef). I had planned on just going snorkeling because it was free! However, the day was kind of rainy and gray, and the water was very choppy. Somehow Stacey Williams talked me into spending the money to actually do SCUBA diving. I do feel guilty about spending 100 bucks… but I think it was worth it. It turns out the group of people who when snorkeling had a terrible time. They could hardly see anything and the waves were so big that they kept getting knocked over.

SCUBA diving, however, was so worth the money. The sensation of breathing under water was out of this world. I can’t even describe it. We got to be right down with all of the creatures… speaking of which… coral is an ANIMAL, not a plant. Our guide let us touch some it. And woah man…. I can honestly say it is one of the most amazing and inspiring experiences I’ve ever had.

After our session under the ocean, Jordan Norton and I took turns going down this tube slide right into the deep ocean. That’s where we were the middle of the ocean. There was no land anywhere; the people just built this station in the middle of the reef.

Now we’re back in Broadbeach. I’m not sure how I feel about that. All I know, is I am really stressed out. I am worried about how much money is in my account. I am worried about the weight of my bags… and I am trying to figure out what stuff to trash if it gets too heavy, and it very well could.

First and Foremost, I am hungry. And I have fourteen dollars to spend on dinner and breakfast… p.s. that doesn’t go very far.

Stressing out about Tokyo, but I talked with Andrea Alt, and I think a bunch of them are going to make plans to stay in a YHA hostel. I asked to join them, but if they’re going to book some fancy pants, expensive, private room… I may want to stab myself. Just sayin’

Currently, I don’t know if I am gaining weight or losing it. I am always worried that I am gaining, and it has felt like I was gaining… however, my clothes seem to fit a bit looser than I remember. A lot of the girls were able to check their weight on the ship, and were surprised to find out they’d lost two pounds.

I didn’t check. I have no idea what I weigh… but as long as I fit into Alyson’s bridesmaid dress… I don’t care.

Speaking of ALYSON STROTHER! I miss her and Eric and Nathan. I was remembering out trip to my house just a bit ago, and I just can’t wait to be hanging out again.

Sigh, I suppose this should be a sufficient blog. Here’s some random info, I’ve started reading The Hunger Games because everyone on this trip is psycho-obsessed with it.

I miss my family a ton. Just today I was thinking about Christmas time and wishing it were now. It’s the little things that remind me of home. Everyone in Australia already has Christmas stuff out for purchasing. I was really surprised at all of the decorations, but then Christy Parent made a point by saying that they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, so they probably just get started with Christmas right after Halloween.

Anyway, it just makes me think of home more. I am so excited to NOT live out of a suitcase. I will be able to eat HOME COOKED MEALS!!! Ahhhh!

Well, this is probably going to be it for a while.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment