Queenstown

Queenstown

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

At Lowes You Can Buy Small Children

Today has been a million times better than days past.

Yesterday was a tough day for me. I mixture of missing people and getting bad news never makes for a happy Angela. I found out I wasn't chosen to be an R.A. in Australia next fall and it really depressed me. I knew there was a chance that I wouldn't get the position, but I was confused about the selection process and assumed there would be interviews for those interested... instead it was someone looking at paperwork and deciding on who would be responsible for a large group of girls for three months based on... a few papers.

but... whatever. lol. It just means I'm going to be able to REALLY have fun over there. wink wink.

Before all the "bad" happened yesterday, I was able to spend some quality time with the people who made my existence possible, grandma and grandpa. I showed up and spend a good amount of time and energy polishing the wood cabinets in their kitchen and bathroom... that may sound like a simple chore, but get this: My grandpa was a CARPENTER... wood is everywhere. My grandma cooks all the time... so all of the steam and cooking juices from the top of her stove soar through the air and settle all over her cabinets and form into this thick black gunk. Its hard to realize until you start cleaning it.

needless to say... it took me a while to clean up.

After that we had some lunch then wen't to Lowes hardware store to run some errands.



We spotted this little guy chillin in his mom's cart. He didn't even stir when the flash went off on my camera... yes. I to realize it is sort of creepy to take pictures of random children. Get over it.

After risking my life by letting my grandpa drive the car back. I went home and had an awesome love fest with some of my best friends.



Anyway, right now I'm working at Segway of Indiana. No joke, it's the best job ever.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment