Queenstown

Queenstown

Friday, October 1, 2010

Mission Almost Accomplished.

Ah, hello blog readers! I suppose it's about time for an update on my life.

Well, I went to Surfer's Paradise again tonight with Michelle and Ashely. We were there on a mission, of course, however it wasn't quite accomplished tonight... instead we will be returning tomorrow night for completion. However, a 100 buck deposit went towards this mission already, so it will definitely be happening. Sorry for being vague. If you know me well enough, you'll know what I'm talking about soon enough.



Anyway, about Surfer's Paradise. Its a pretty cool city. Its about a 45 minute walk from our apartments in Broadbeach, and well worth it. There are all sorts of shops and places to eat, however our director Pam Little (aka Pim-Pam) has stressed numerous times that we should not go there without men and definitely NOT on a Friday or Saturday evening. Well, I've been to Surfer's Paradise twice, both were with just girls... both were on a Friday night.

The only thing that has happened to me has been some whistling and cat calls... oh and tonight I was sitting at a bus stop, waiting for our friend Christy Parent to meet up with us and join us for our... "mission." While sitting there, minding my own business, a group of guys passed me (mind you this was 6pm, not drunkards) and as they passed one guy jumped up then sat on my lap. Weirdo. He said something like, "Hi there!" and motioned to his friends.



I gave him a look that said, "I'm surprised and you look like a complete idiot, get off of me." Thankfully, this guy was good at reading expressions and obliged. Of course, Michelle just giggled and giggled about it. I have to admit, it was kind of funny. He didn't do anything super inappropriate... just really awkward, and I LOVE being put in those type of situations.



In other news: I've been ordering really strange Subway sandwiches lately. Usually its turkey but tonight it was tuna. On wheat... No cheese or sauce. Only red onions, lettuce, and black olives. I really must be an old person because I like food that I would have hated even just a year ago.

MOM, you are going to be so proud of me. Tomorrow is a Saturday, and guess what I'm going to do. That's right... go for a run at 8am! woo!!! That means you have to be careful about being healthy too. Because we are not alone; We're in it together. Also, remind me that I am not allowed to eat any more cake. Really, I shouldn't be eating sweets at all. But I'm starting with just avoiding the cake in our fridge.

Well, It's midnight... so I'm gonna sleep it up. See you tomorrow you beautiful world you!

Peace and Love

p.s. does anyone know if my grandma reads this blog or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment