Queenstown

Queenstown

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Not a Creature Was Stirring

It is 2:34 pm here in Searcy, Arkansas, and it is quiet. I cannot even begin to explain how wonderful it is to be in the spacious lobby of Sears Dormitory and not hear: yelling, singing, running, blah blah blah.... Its just quiet. This can be easily explained; all of the freshmen are gone. It is such a relief to not have to worry about them anymore.

Today, I spent a good amount of time organizing my new room for intersession. Its just in a different hallway, but it is always very exciting for me to decorate. I have to keep telling myself "Angela, you are only going to live here for two weeks. Don't get too excited about it." but, I can't help it. I love setting up my room and imagining my cool life while I live there.

I am pretty lucky when it comes to the room and roommates. I am the R.A. so I am alone in my room and there is only one other girl in the suite. Which means we won't have to fight over the bathroom and it probably won't get very messy! Yay!

I will be working a TON these next two weeks. MY class is five hours long everyday and on top of that I am working 17 hours both weeks. I know this doesn't sound like a lot, but while school is in session, it feels like a lot. This past semester I had 6 hours per week and I gave most of them away. This will be my opportunity to make up for lost times. I am really glad that I am getting to work as much as I am. As a matter of fact, I am working for four hours right now. :)

Hopefully, when I get back to Indianapolis, I can work even more than that and really start saving up for my next abroad adventure. That is my priority anyway. Next summer I would like to go to Europe with a friend or two and travel to places like London, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Czech Republic, blah blah... etc. I will have to narrow it down and actually decide on where I want to go. But I think I will be able to manage something.

Its all HUA's fault. If I hadn't gone to Australia, New Zealand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, and Japan in a single semester, I wouldn't feel this overwhelming desire to keep traveling. Last fall turned me into a nomad. I feel like it is wrong for me to live anywhere for longer than three weeks to a month. So, I am planning on traveling around a ton next summer. Maybe not the whole summer but probably (hopefully) a month.

Aside from all of the travel, I know I went on a complaining rampage last night when I posted about feeling fat. I did feel pretty tubby. But, starting today, I am turning over a new leaf. I have been eating healthy all day AND I am going to continue with that pattern for the rest of the day. Even though I am going to go celebrate Carter Wright's birthday tonight.

We are all going to the sushi cafe! I can't wait to eat some, but I will admit, I haven't had any sushi since I was living at Broadbeach in Australia... So, it's been a while, who knows if this will be as good. It will, certainly, be healthy (which is my plan).

In final I shall leave you with this picture of a puppy that some girl brought into our dorm yesterday. I LOVE small animals.



Ang

Now... if I could just get some coffee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment