Queenstown

Queenstown

Monday, December 27, 2010

I Fainted.

Ugh, I may have taken things a little far this morning. I've decided to jump back on the "exercise" bandwagon (whatever that means). So, this morning I woke up at 8am, ate frosted mini wheats, and went for a lovely run. It was great. I was setting a good pace and I wanted to make it to four miles without stopping or slowing.

I did it, but immediately after I'd stopped running and started walking, I got light headed and passed out... like fainted... like a stupid helpless baby. I hung over the top of the machine and my legs kept walking at 2.5 mph. Somehow I regained consciousness and realized that I should turn the machine off. I did and finally made my way over to the couch. My tooth hurt. I guess I'd hit it on my way down.

I didn't think that four miles was that bad. In the summer I was running about 6 miles most days. Of course, I'd built myself up to that gradually, but I guess I wasn't quite ready for the intensity of that run. oops.

Good news, I am going to run tomorrow. I won't let falling down, keep me down! ha ha. Thats the thing about goals, even if you're having a difficult time, you've got to keep getting up and trying again.

But, maybe I'll give myself a little bit of a break and lower the intensity next time.

Peace and Love.

2 comments: