Queenstown

Queenstown

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This is OLD.

Australia Blog update: September 10th, 2010

Hello all!

Good news, I am in Australia. Sorry I haven’t been keeping in contact. Our hotel in Sydney doesn’t have wireless internet and I haven’t found anytime to look for an internet café. One of my wonderful roommates, Michelle Cascio, suggested I write all of my blogs down on Microsoft word and then post them later. So, in taking her advice please know that all of this info is probably several days old by the time you read it.

Okay, where do I begin? Well, Australia is awesome! The people are nice and the city is a very friendly one. I can’t really describe it. I feel like Sydney is a mixture of a European city and an American one. There are Asians EVERYWHERE! This is not a bad thing, but everyone was surprised when they arrived.

Speaking of the long journey, it was long. My first flight was from Indianapolis to L.A. I sat next to a guy who I thought was gay. Turns out he’s a 21 year old bible major in California. He said he would pray for my trip, which was really considerate. I’ve been trying to remember to pray for him too.

The second flight (14 hours in duration) I spent with a nice Aussie man. We discussed Australian customs and he asked me what jelly was (he didn’t know). I never knew it would be so difficult to describe jelly to someone who’d never had it before. I mean… what is jelly? I don’t even know.

Anyway the flights weren’t the highlight of the journey, but I was lucky to be on the aisle for both trips. In the second one there were these built-in touch screens and we were able to choose different movies to keep us occupied. I watched ALL of Gone With The Wind, Letters to Juliet, and much much more.

We landed as the sun was rising, and entered Aussie-Land as they called it. Customs didn’t take long and we were met at the airport by our lovely director, Pam Little and her granddaughter, Georgia (who we call Bendi Erwin).

We were led through the hustle and bustle of the Sydney airport out doors to meet the bus. News Flash! Australia is kind of cool right now, and by cool I mean cold-ish. It’s spring here because of Australia being in southern hemisphere but I think we were all kind of hoping it would be like every Australian movie: hot and dry. However, it really just feels like springtime.



I can’t complain. The weather isn’t hindering me from having a blast. I could live here, I truly could.

Sorry this post is SO OLD. But, internet has really been spotty.

I'll try to post more later.

Peace and LOVe

1 comment:

  1. Lucky. It definitely doesn't feel like Spring here. Enjoy it, beautiful. And give Miss Cascio a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete