Queenstown

Queenstown

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Meaning of Life Starts With a Night Light

As the most dreaded day of the year approaches all singles, I want to take this opportunity to make a statement. (What's new for me really?)

Love is retarded. Okay, how about an intelligent way of phrasing that: the enigma of "love" that everyone obsesses over is a fleeting and frivolous notion created by years of lies and backed by unreliable FICTION. That "Love" everyone is looking for and desperate to find... doesn't exist.

You want to know what love is? It isn't butterflies when you see "that" person. It isn't your heart pounding when you hold hands for the first time. No, love is much more substantial than most movies depict. It is dependability. It is trust and security. But that kind of love doesn't sell does it?

Don't waste time longing for something that isn't worth longing for. I used to spend all of my time wishing that I had some kind of great "romance." It was only a recent discovery that showed me the difference between it and the real deal. Any douche bag can kiss you and tell you he loves you, but It takes a lot more than that for someone to mean it... and show it. Its about the actions you make.

Stop pretending, stop wanting the theatricals. they will let you down. Look for someone who will be there for you and the "romance will come with it." Better yet, don't look for it at all, because looking for it only sabotages everything. trust me I know.

Gosh, I wish I could make out with someone right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment