Queenstown

Queenstown

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Weekend Update

Today is one of those days where I don't really have much of an idea of what I want to post. But, I am working the front desk of sears so I really don't have much else better to do.

What have I been up to? PAINTING. It has become my life this semester and hopefully for many years to come. I have such joy in my heart when I am creating a work of art that satisfies me, and I love thinking that my paintings could perhaps bring other people joy. There's no way I could ever give it up now that it is so embedded in my heart, so I am centering my life plan about one, loving God and two being able to paint.

Here are some in class photos:




I've made a lot of new friends this semester and rekindled old friendships as well. I am excited about this because my friendships here are, often times, more fulfilling than some at home. Not to say that my friendships in Indy are weak... they're just a little bit different. I think it may have to do with the fact that we don't live right next door to each other.

Health wise, I haven't been right on track being healthy like I've wanted to be. I've gained a couple of pounds since being back in the United States, but I anticipated this and I am not really upset about it. I still have an overall goal of where I want to be, but as long as I am trying to eat healthy and stay somewhat active, I don't really care. The problem is that I haven't been doing those two things. SO, I am cutting out sweets until spring break and hopefully the rest will fall in place.

The weather here has been fairly warm. I think I heard that it was supposed to be about 70 degrees outside. I am NOT complaining. I can't wait until it feels steamy like Singapore again. Speaking of Singapore. I am having HUA withdrawals. I've convinced two of the girls on my hall to sign up for the trip and last night I spent two hours looking through photos. I think I've got the "bug" and I am just itching to get out of the country again.

Oh, if you haven't heard, New Zealand could use prayers and support. Christchurch had another earthquake this past week and it is truly a tragedy. I can't believe that the people have had to suffer through another disaster... it just breaks my heart.

These are pictures from when I was in Christchurch just a few months ago. We climbed to the top of the tower in the cathedral.







That tower, the city's icon, is no longer there and a lot of people have been killed, injured, or misplaced from their homes.





On a different note... I mentioned that I am working the front desk. Well, it's Saturday and I definitely look rough. I figured that no one would be up and see me sitting here at the desk... WRONG! I look scary and everyone is walking in and out of the lobby. This is one mistake... I will probably make again.



Here are my plans for this weekend, I am going to go back to my room and study for my test in Visual Aesthetics. Its a class that discusses the philosophy of art and tries to answer the question, "What is art?" So, it's a pretty confusing class. Also, one of my good friends, Paige Walton, is having her senior art show on Sunday and I am definitely going to be there. She also has a blog! It is called "Handiwork" and you can find it on my side bar. Then inevitably, after everything else is done, I will end up painting... I always do.

Overall, I am satisfied with my life. I worry about money a lot even though I really shouldn't. But, for the most part I am doing what I love and what I feel called to do, so I can't complain. I truly live a blessed life.

Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment