Queenstown

Queenstown

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Ups and Downs of January 24th



So, Yesterday I went on about how awesome everything was. It's still awesome, don't get me wrong, but I woke up this morning with a runny nose and sore throat. There goes working out.

It's weird when I think about how energized I felt yesterday compared with how fatigued I feel right now. I skipped out on chapel this morning, which I don't feel too guilty about. I did it because I thought it would be wise to get some more shut eye given my current condition.

P.S. I am really missing New Zealand right now... perhaps you can tell I am drinking coffee out of my NZ travel mug that I bought in Queenstown. Sigh



I was hoping to finally receive a letter from home. I know it's silly but I LIVE for mail. I love getting it and I don't know why, but I was expecting to have at least one letter today. Alas, today is like most normal days and my mail slot was lonely and bare. Tomorrow maybe?

Enough about the somewhat depressing aspects of the day. I believe that it is important to live for the positives, and there are ALWAYS positives.

1. I somehow managed to get a ton of homework done way BEFORE it was due. This puts my mind at ease and has allowed me to relax a bit.

2. Tomorrow is AUSTRALIA DAY... you know what that means TIM TAM SLAMS in the student center, as well as Nick Parker and Dadams playing their Didgeridoos (sp?)



3. Tonight is my night off, so if I'm not feeling well then I can go to bed early.

4. I've gotten back into watching Gossip Girl. Perhaps this is not a positive... but I have been entertained so, I guess I'll count it.

5. I feel very much like I am where I need to be. I am doing what I need to do with my life and I love it.

6. I am having dinner with Alyson and Eric tonight. I love those two.




Also, I have found a love for the book of Hosea in the bible. Don't ask me why, maybe everything just sounds poetic. Regardless of the reason, I really like Hosea.

Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment