Queenstown

Queenstown

Monday, March 29, 2010

Its ALMOST here!!!

I know I KNOW, I just posted about spring sing yesterday, but I can't get it out of my head. Last night I stayed up late past curfew, going over lines in my head, and speculating about our chances of placing. I want to win so badly... alas... I know it isn't likely. But the desire is still clearly present.

Tonight is Jersey night, where all of the shows wear club jerseys for the performance, and people wearing jerseys get in for free. It is a night of encouragement and the first time each show unveils its finished product. After weeks and weeks of practice... Its time to reap the praise. Tensions are high, everyone is anxious. How is this all going to work together?

Our show in particular has potential for either great success or epic fail. Our "bride and groom" have not practiced the whole duet thing yet with the entire group. Our lines have the tendency of being extremely sloppy. I often forget my lines... Carson, the last time he tried his solo his voice cracked and disappeared all together. People aren't singing loud enough; their faces aren't happy enough. Everyone of the directors are about to have a coronary.




Somehow, this mess of a show is supposed to form some kind of polished production. We're supposed to make it all look easy. To be honest, I have no idea if it will work that way or not. but... we're all done. Finished. There's nothing more we can do to tweak the finished product. All we can do is remind people of certain things... then hope they happen the way we want them to. I feel like I'm about to pee my pants from all of the things running through my mind.

whew. Glad I got that out there. It helps a little.

What happens after spring sing is over........ Wait, is there life after spring sing? I don't know what I'm going to do... read a book maybe. Woah that sounds so archaic compared to the life I've become accustom to over the past three months. Maybe I'll pick up knitting again. I will have so much time! This can't be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment