Queenstown

Queenstown

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Back in America

Its pretty weird to think that this time last year, I was having Thanksgiving in Vietnam. I don't want to dwell on my trip abroad because I know that people at Harding HATE it when people do that.... SO that's all I am going to say about it.



This year, I am at Home. Indianapolis, Indiana. Best town in the world. No it's not the biggest, or the cleansest, or even the most wholesome, but its my town and I might love it a little too much. Honestly, I'm pretty lucky. Usually we'd be going to South Carolina or Virginia for thanksgiving dinner (which always ends up being around 1pm... I never understand why we call it dinner), But this year, for the first time I can even remember, Everyone... is here with us.

Uncle Stan and Aunt Gail from Virginia




Uncle Stu and Aunt Candy from South Carolina



Heather came from Kathmandu Nepal!



Amy and Brent (plus their kids Parker and Carter) are here from Virginia




Kelly and Sean are here from Park City, Utah



Megan and Pat are here from... the ocean? They have been sailing for a year? more? I honestly don't know, but I think they pretty much live on a sailboat



Lauren is here with her new baby Claire from Colorado (Matt couldn't make it).



Jill and Corey are here from Raleigh, NC



and of course there's Grandma and Boo Boo!



Plus Mom, Dad, Andrea, and me!



This is totally making up for the fact that I was eating fish and rice everyday, this time last year.... I know, I swore I wouldn't bring it up... I lied.

Right now, I am sitting in the family room with my coffee and the Macy's thanksgiving day parade. I am watching Andrea taking lint/dog hair off of the couch with this weird little brush. We're chatting about how it was a good decision for Daniel Radcliffe to go into broadway. He's dancing in the Macy's Thanksgiving day Parade.... how bizzare to see him dancing around and smiling. I keep expecting him to shout "Crucio" or something. But I think he's definitely got what it takes to make it past "Harry Potter."

Not that I'm any expert on show business. Senior year in high school I was proudly townsperson #3 in "Androcles and the Lion."

All of that aside, I am glad to be home with my family. This is a wonderful holiday... and I feel a lot of pressure to wrap this up quickly because mom keeps (not so subtly) hinting that she wants me to help her get ready for the "dinner," aka late lunch.

So, Have a blessed Thanksgiving, I will be mashing potatoes.

Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment